Monday, April 01, 2019

Morning by Morning, April 1 - The Beautiful Gift of Repentance

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Unite my heart with Yours, my mind with Yours, my will with Yours, as I seek to begin my day wholly surrendered to You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ... 

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10 KJV). 

You've given us the beautiful gift of repentance. You've given us the extraordinary power of humbling our hearts before You, honestly admitting our sins, and turning to You for the mercy and grace that only You can give. And You are so willing, so ready, so wonderful to forgive our sins and cleanse our hearts -- to even restore us to the joy of our salvation! (Psalm 51:12) 

You are so "faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteous" when we humble ourselves to set aside our pride to call on Your name and ask for Your mercy and grace (1 John 1:9). You don't shame us or condemn us; You forgive us and free us, as we turn to You allow You to empower us to walk again in Your ways. "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death!" (Romans 8:1-2 NKJV)

The same Power that frees me from my sins is the same Power that frees me to walk according to the Spirit instead of according to the flesh. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT). And the same Power that raised Jesus from the dead is the same Power at work within me to raise me up from the death of my sins, with all of its guilt and shame and regret, into the life of Your Spirit -- forgiven and free in You! (Romans 8:11)  "Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace!" (Romans 8:5-6 NLT) 

Life and peace, the joy of my salvation, renewed with a right Spirit -- what great gifts You give us through the beautiful gift of repentance. No wonder that's the first step of entering into the Kingdom of God, the first word You began to speak everywhere You went during Your ministry of God's reconciliation and love on the earth, and the first word You continue to speak into every heart who desperately needs the forgiveness and freedom we have in You alone:  "Jesus went into Galilee, where He preached God's Good News. "The time promised by God has come at last!' He announced. 'The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!" (Mark 1:14-15 NLT) 

Thank You Lord Jesus for continuing to speak God's Good News into my heart every day. Thank You Holy Spirit of God for reminding every step of my journey of Your beautiful gift of repentance. Thank You Father God, for Your Good News of mercy and love, forgiveness and freedom that continues to set me free from the law of sin and death, as You empower me to walk according to Your Spirit. Morning by morning, moment by moment, step by step, keep creating in me a clean heart and renewing a right spirit within me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you embrace the beautiful gift of repentance, empowered to walk according to the Spirit in the joy of your salvation with a clean heart and a right spirit every day , in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

      
First Wednesday Worship and Healing Service, April 3rd.
Friends, I'm excited to be sharing a word of hope and healing at the First Wednesday Service at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge, in San Antonio this coming Wednesday Night at 7PM in the West Auditorium.(Oak Hills Church led by Max Lucado and Travis Eades). All are welcome so please come join us if you can and pray for us if you can't. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!