Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Morning by Morning, April 10 - Stand Firm in Faith and Walk in Love
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart and every moment of my day. ...
 
"If you do not stand firm in faith, you shall not stand at all" (Isaiah 7:1).
 
"Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love" (1 John 4:8 NAB).
 
Lord, teach me how to stand firm in faith and walk in love. Teach me how to speak the truth in love and live the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). Because even "if I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.... And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love" (1 Corinthians 13:1-13).
 
Love is not negotiable. Neither is faith. Neither is truth. "Without love" I do not know God (1 John 4:8). And, at the same time, "without faith it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6). "Whoever say, 'I have come to know Him,' but does not obey His commandments, is a liar, and in such a person the truth does not exist; but whoever obeys His word, truly in this person the love of God has reached perfection. By this we may be sure that we are in Him:  whoever says, 'I abide in Him,' ought to walk just as He walked" (1 John 2:4-6).
 
So to live out my faith with integrity from my heart, I must learn how live in both truth and in love, knowing that those who do not stand firm in faith will not stand at all and those who do not love do not know God at all. Which is why I desperately need Your Holy Spirit to fill me and lead me, "for the Spirit is the truth" (1 John 5:6). "When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide (me) in to all the truth" (John 16:13).
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Lead me and guide me; teach me how to stand firm in faith and walk in love -- not shrinking back from my faith and not holding back from my love. "(Love) does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth" (1 Corinthians 13:6). "Love never gives up, never loses faith" (1 Corinthians 13:7 NLT). By the power of Your grace, neither will I. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you stand firm in faith and walk in love, all by the power of the Holy Spirit who leads you and guides in both love and truth, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!