Morning by Morning, July 29, 2026 — “Intimacy and Authority”
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear what’s on Your heart, as I begin my day grounded in Your Word and filled with Your Spirit. …
As I wait, I hear in my heart: “Intimacy and authority.”
And now this Scripture comes to mind:
“For in Him we live and move and have our being” (Acts 17:28).
We’re to seek You and we’re to find You, for You are “not far from each one of us” (Acts 17:27). We’re to embrace the invitation and promise of Your Word, “Draw to God and He will draw near to you” (James 4:8). As we abide in You and embrace the truth that You abide in us, we embrace the intimacy You have for us and bear the fruit of Your life expressed through us (John 15:5).
Intimacy with You allows You to express Your authority through us. As “the body of Christ” (1 Corinthians 12:27), we carry “the Spirit of Christ” within us (Romans 8:9), so that the heart and life of Christ flows through us. “When Christ who is our life appears, then (we) also will appear with Him in glory” (Colossians 3:4). In “the glory of this mystery,” we live out this truth in both intimacy and authority, “which is Christ in (us), the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27). Your glory being manifested in and through our lives, wholly surrendered to You, living in intimacy with You, moving in authority with You.
It’s because of that lifestyle of spiritual intimacy that You can trust us with spiritual authority:
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it” (John 14:12-14).
As I draw near to You, as I abide in You, as I live and move and have my being in You today, may experience and express both Your intimacy and Your authority. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged this day. In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
My Friend, may you live and move and have your being in the Lord, living in spiritual intimacy and spiritual authority, in Jesus' name. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!
Click Here to Listen to Today's Prayer: https://www.buzzsprout.com/2375760
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries 502 North Milam Street Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Please share this word to encourage a friend! Anyone can sign up for free at: https://messiah-ministries.org
My Books on Inner Healing, Spiritual Freedom and Spiritual Intimacy with God are Available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays
“Setting hearts free to be all you were created to be —Free to Be Like Jesus— secure in your identity, growing in maturity, fulfilling your destiny"
https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute |