Monday, May 29, 2006

"I am the Alpha" 5-29-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. It's good to be home and find the familiar place where I settle in for my morning moments with You -- to seek Your face and listen for Your voice, to follow the leading of Your Spirit as I begin my day with You. ... " 'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Revelation 1:8). I'm still processing all I experienced in London last week with my pastor and a small team of leaders from our church at the International Alpha Conference. We worshiped and prayed, learned and listened along with delegates from over seventy nations of the one hundred and fifty nations around the world now using the Alpha Course as a means of evangelism and discipleship -- a means of providing a safe place for those seeking God in any culture to ask their questions and find the One who is the answer. You are the Alpha. And living life in You is the course You have set for our lives. You created every heart with a hunger for relationship with You, and we will never be satisfied and never be fulfilled apart from a living relationship with You. But all who seek You will find You (Jeremiah 29:13). The Alpha Course is way for people who don't know You but sense a need to know God to come and ask their questions, express their frustrations, and begin to experience the kindness of the community of Christ willing to listen to their questions and walk with them in the journey. What an eternal blessing it is for them and for us to see the hunger of their hearts satisfied by the One who is "the Bread of Life" (John 6:35). Thank You for letting me see more of the breadth of this movement that is touching the nations of the earth across all barriers of denominations and traditions -- Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox -- because You are drawing our eyes to You. You are our Alpha and our Omega, the beginning and the end of all we need and all we were created to believe and to receive. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I have missed being with you in prayer with you this past week. Several logistical problems made it hard to keep up with sending out my devotional, so I'm glad to be back with you now. Thank you for your prayers for us and our families while we were away at the International Conference of Alpha -- www.alpha.org Please keep me in your prayers as I continue to seek the Lord's direction in this coming season of ministry. God bless! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's (and now cd's) for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com"Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com