Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Season of Graduation 5-16-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me humble myself to listen in the silence of surrender. And having listened, help me humble myself to obey. ... "Jesus said to them, 'My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to complete His work.' Do you not say, 'Four months more, then comes the harvest'? But I tell you, look around you, and see how the fields are ripe for harvesting' " (John 4:34-35). May is a season of graduation. Many are coming to the end of a journey of study and training, having brought to completion the work of preparation. It is a season of transition from equipping to releasing, from learning to doing, from listening to speaking, from waiting to advancing. It is time to advance in the will of the One who has prepared us to send us to accomplish our calling in our generation. Now comes the harvest. We will continue to learn even as we advance. And at times we will advance the most as we are humbled by our mistakes and our need to learn more. But we must not fear to learn as we go, giving and receiving the grace of God through one another as we dare to risk failure in order to risk success. Success is to do the will of Him who sent me. Graduation is the completion of one journey and the commencement of the next. As I humble myself before You and turn my face toward You, I will continue to advance "from one degree of glory to another" -- Your glory being made manifest in my obedience to Your will and my faith in Your nature (2 Corinthians 3:18). You are always faithful to bring to completion all You have begun in me (Philippians 1:6). As You have been faithful in the preparation, so You will be faithful in the harvest. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Friday night for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening for prayer ministry. Paul Cooper will lead in worship and I will lead in prayer. Come and bring a friend. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's and cd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: http://messiah-ministries.orgDaily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com