Saturday, May 06, 2006

The Life of Jesus in Me 5-6-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to start this day with You. As we begin the journey of the day together, I welcome You to walk with me throughout this day. How can I follow if You don't lead me and how can You lead me if I don't watch and wait for the leading of Your Spirit from the first moments of the morning? ... As I listen for Your leading, it seems I hear You say, "Be available. Be ready. You feel overwhelmed or confused about your sense of direction and purpose when you try to plan out what you will do and where you will go. Rather, look for Me in the relationships and encounters of your day. Welcome My leading by consciously and deliberately choosing to make your mind available to My thoughts and your heart available to My desires. Trust that I am going before you, preparing the way for what I will do through you. As you welcome Me to touch your heart, you are welcoming Me to touch other hearts through you. It is important what you do, but only in relation to who you are -- who you are in Me and who you allow Me to be in you. The most important thing I call you to do is to be available to Me." Yes, Lord. I choose to be available to You this day. Form Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Direct my steps. Open my eyes to see You and see what You are doing in the lives of those I encounter today wherever You lead. Wherever I go, I carry You with me because Your Spirit is within me. I am a jar of clay filled with the treasure of "the life of Jesus," being "made visible" through my body in the encounters and relationships of my day to very degree I make myself available to You and ready for Your purpose through my life (2 Corinthians 4:7-12). This is my purpose and this is my direction. This is Your purpose and Your direction for me this day and every day. Help me do this better, help me live this better a little more each day as walk this journey with You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's (and now cd's) for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com"Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com