Monday, May 08, 2006

Listen and Learn 5-8-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Cleanse my heart and purify my mind. Remove everything in me that would keep me from drawing near to You. ... "Guard your steps when you go to the house of God; to draw near to listen is better than the sacrifice offered by fools; for they do not know how to keep from doing evil. Never be rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be quick to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven, and you upon the earth; therefore let your words be few" (Ecclesiastes 5:1). Though You continually draw me near to You, though I am created for the very purpose of intimacy in relationship with You, You call me to approach You in reverence and humility. You say "let your words be few" because my words can get in the way of Your words. There is time for me to offer the petitions of my heart, but there is first the time to offer the silence of surrender of my soul. This silence of surrender is better than the sacrifice of service. This relationship of reverence is far better than the rituals of religion. Keep teaching me how to guard my steps in the fear of God in order to know the intimacy of God. Draw me nearer to You each day, as I enter Your house in reverent humility and approach Your throne in trusting faith. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's (and now cd's) for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com"Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com