Saturday, May 13, 2006

Look Up and Look Around 5-13-06

Morning by Morning, Saturday Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift my eyes from my self and my world to behold You. Broaden my vision and fill my soul with the fullness of the glory of Your presence. ... "But I tell you, look around you, and see how the fields are ripe for harvesting. The reaper is already receiving wages and is gathering fruit for eternal life, so that sower and reaper may rejoice together" (John 4:35-36). I spent the last few days rejoicing together with my friends in the MorningStar Fellowship of Ministries. We gather once a year for a time of refreshing and encouragement from our various ministries and churches around the world. I love to hear the stories of what You are doing in the lives and ministries of others in so many different and unique settings. Some are sowing, others are reaping, and all at work ministering Your grace of eternal life for the final harvest of souls from the fields of the earth. Sometimes we can get so busy and focused in what You are doing in our midst that we forget to look up and look around in the fields of Your harvest far beyond our own lives or churches or ministries. But when we do, our hearts filled afresh with wonder and awe at Your power and grace. We are reminded again how blessed we are to live in this generation of great harvest and to labor in preparation for even greater harvests yet to come. The harvest of the end will touch the ends of the earth. "But the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea" (Habakkuk 2:6). Lord, keep freeing me from isolation and self-focus. Keep giving me a broader perspective, a kingdom perspective that stretches my vision of Your glory to the ends of the earth. Let me be found faithful to do my part in my generation as I rejoice together in the faithfulness of my fellow laborers of Your harvest. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, to find out more about MorningStar Ministries, please visit the web site: www.morningstarministries.org This is an exciting ministry touching many lives throughout the earth and I'm honored to be a part of it through the Fellowship of Ministries. God bless! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's (and now cd's) for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com"Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com