Sunday, May 21, 2006

Traveling to meet the Trinity 5-21-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You Lord, and I come to You in these moments of the morning to linger with You in Your presence alone. ... "Now Moses used to take the tent and pitch it outside the camp, far off from the camp; he called it the tent of meeting. And everyone who sought the Lord would go out to the tent of meeting, which was outside the camp" (Exodus 33:7). I'll be traveling far off from the camp today. My pastor and I will travel with a small team to London for a leadership conference on evangelism and small group community life through the Alpha Course. We will meet with leaders and learners from many nations to share experiences and gain insights of reaching the lost and bringing them into lasting relationships in the bonds of community. But mostly, I will be coming to meet with You. Even the name of the church You have used to birth and mature the Alpha Course which will be hosting our conference reminds me of the goal of our travels -- Holy Trinity Brompton. It is not man but the Holy Trinity I'm coming to see. It's the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit I'm coming to meet. You are always with us and You never leave us. But sometimes we need to come outside the camp of our everyday lives and responsibilities to seek Your face and listen for Your voice with renewed focus. Sometimes it helps to get far off for a little while to encounter You again in a fresh way. I pray for a fresh encounter of Your presence as I come outside the camp to meet with You this week. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I would appreciate your prayers us as we travel and for our families as we are away in England this week. I plan to keep up with sending my devotionals as best as I can. Here are some related web sites if you would be interested: www.thealphacourse.com and www.htb.org.uk God bless! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's (and now cd's) for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com"Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com