Friday, June 30, 2006

My Life-line 6-30-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Before I turn my eyes to challenges of they day, I first turn them to You. Now is when I receive the wisdom and the strength that will carry me through this day. ... "So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory" (Colossians 3:1-4). On a popular television game show, the contestants try to give the right answer to the questions in order to keep progressing to the end. When they really get desperate, and no longer think they can make the right choice on their own, they turn to one of their "life-lines" for help. There have been many times when I have live my life like that game show -- trying to do it on my own until I get desperate enough to ask for help, to use my life-line. But You have been teaching me the peace that comes with desperately depending upon You from the very beginning. You are my Life-line. You are the right answer to every question I will encounter this day. I don't want to even try to answer the questions and meet the challenges I will face today in my own wisdom or strength apart from You. And I don't have to. I turn my face and my heart to You in desperate dependence upon Your help and Your life, for I have chosen for my life to be hidden in Your. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's and cd's for spiritual transformation, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com