Friday, February 22, 2008

"An Open Ear" 2-22-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I listen for Your voice and long for Your presence, as I begin my day watching and waiting for You. ... "Sacrifice and offering You do not desire, but You have given me an open ear" (Psalm 40:6). Forgive me when I take for granted the relationship and intimacy with You that I have as a child of God. I am blessed beyond measure to live in the age of Your constant communion and persistent presence (Matthew 28:20). "But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear. Truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it" (Matthew 13:16-17). More than sacrifice, You desire surrender. More than rituals, You desire relationship. Let everything I do come out of who I am. These first moments of the morning dedicated to You open the lines of communication that will carry me in communion with You throughout my day. Through the intimacy and primacy of prayer, You bless me with open eyes to see what You are doing and open ears to hear what You are saying. Then You empower me by Your grace to do my part in partnership with Your will for my life this day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep us in prayer as we prepare for the Prayer Summit at my home church in Lexington next weekend, starting Friday night Feb 29th: www.CentenaryLex.com I'll be helping lead our church in a time of discovery into the depths of prayer along with our Sr. Pastor David Thomas and Laura Beach of our ministry on Friday night, Saturday, and Saturday night. Phil Jackson will be leading us in worship. Please pray for an outpouring of God's Spirit to awaken us and revive us in prayer. Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org