Saturday, February 09, 2008

Power Present to Heal 2-9-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You increase and I decrease -- increase in my reliance upon Your strength and Your wisdom as I decrease in my reliance upon my own. ... "One day, while He was teaching, Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting near by (they had come from every village of Galilee and Judea and from Jerusalem); and the power of the Lord was with Him to heal (Luke 5:17). There are times when Your power is especially "present to heal" (Luke 5:17, NKJV). You are always the Lord our God and You are always the Lord who heals us (Exodus 15:26). But there are times and places when You choose in Your wisdom and Your strength to move in Your power to heal. That's a time to humble ourselves to hear Your teaching and embrace Your power. That's a time to bring our friends to You in faith to be forgiven and freed, healed and whole (Luke 5:18-26). Lord, increase those times in our day. Let us be "filled with awe" in our day, in our church, in our city, just as Your first disciples were "filled with awe" in theirs' (v. 5:26). They "glorified God" and so will we (v. 5:26). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'd appreciate your prayers as I teach our School of Spiritual Ministry in Madisonville, Kentucky this weekend (2nd of 3 weekends in a row) and as I continue this School on Wednesday nights at my home church in Lexington where we have our ministry base anchored. May the Lord our Healer be present with power to heal in every dimension of our lives -- here with me and there with you. God bless you! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org