Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Seek His Presence Continually" 2-12-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I press in to Your presence. ... "Seek the Lord and His strength, seek His presence continually" (1 Chronicles 16:11). David brought in the ark of the covenant and placed it inside the tent prepared to receive it. The ark speaks of Your presence -- the manifest presence of Your glory among us as we seek You and welcome You in our lives. "Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice" (v. 16:10). By Your grace and out of Your love, You humble Yourself to dwell in each of us by Your Spirit in "the earthly tent" of our human flesh and bone (2 Corinthians 5:1-5). I prepare my tent for Your ark this day. Cleanse me of my sins and awaken my desires to seek You and Your strength and Your presence now and continually throughout my day. Let my heart rejoice that my God in His glory dwells in me (1 Corinthians 3:16). Let that truth settle into my mind and clarify my mission throughout the encounters and experiences of my day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to the Fountain! this Friday Night 2/15 at 7 pm -- the 3rd Friday Night of every month -- for our ministry's monthly gathering of people from many different churches and streams of the body of Christ across our city for prayer, praise, and healing worship. This month Sandra White of Bethlehem Farm Ministries will lead in prayer while Brooke and Shannon Barrett will lead in worship. Hosted in the chapel of Centenary: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY. Contact Marilyn for details at dirofministries@aol.com All are welcome! Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. Hosted in the upstairs community room of First Southern National Bank at 3060 Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington. Contact Doris at bndmccray@windstream.net All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org