Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Christ Who Lives in Me" 2-20-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I add my voice to those around Your throne in worship and praise. ... On this day of 2-20, I think of Galatians 2:20: "And it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Alive in me. Arise in me. My life is not my own. Speak through me. Teach through me. My life is not my own. Your life in me. Your faith in me. Come live Your life through me. Yes, Lord. Form Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. In response to Your love and in the power of Your grace, "I have been crucified with Christ" in my flesh so that I may live with Christ by Your Spirit (v. 2:19). "We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be destroyed, and we might no longer be enslaved to sin. For whoever has died is freed from sin. But if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him. ... So you must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus" (Romans 6:6-11). I confess that there are many times when I sin. But I also acknowledge that when I sin it is by my choice alone, because in You, sin no longer has "dominion" over me except to the very degree I choose to submit to its power instead of Your power (Romans 6:12-14). I pray for a stronger sense of the fear of the Lord and a deeper sense of the conviction of Your Holy Spirit. I can trust You in this because I trust Your love for me -- that You are for me and not against me, that You love me and empower me as You come live through me in the power of Your love and the presence of Your Spirit. As I fully embrace the victory of Your cross and the glory of Your resurrection, I am fully "alive to God in Christ Jesus." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays We have two new resources on cd from my week of ministry to the students at Christ for the Nations in Dallas awhile back: Spiritual Warfare -- Fighting the Good Fight of the Faith. This is a four-part series on understanding the victory of cross and our authority to enforce the victory of the cross in our lives and those we love. The Father's Blessing through Our Brokenness. This is an evening message and ministry of the Father's Blessing we long to have from the Father heart of God, but often seek in the wrong ways that lead to brokenness instead of blessing. But as we will give Him our brokenness in humility and faith, He releases to us the Father's Blessing of His peace and power and presence. Send your order to us by email at MessiahMin@aol.com Our other resources on the web site at www.shop.messiah-ministries.org All of these will be available at the bookstore for the Prayer Summit I'm helping lead on the weekend of Feb 29th at Centenary UMC in Lexington: www.CentenaryLex.com Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org