Monday, September 07, 2009

Rest from Our Labors 9-7-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be the focus of my day and the foundation of my life. ... "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30, NKJV). Today we celebrate Labor Day in America. Though it's not officially so, I tend to think of it as a day of transition from the summer season to the fall season. Summer vacations are ending and school is beginning; sticky, humid mornings begin to give way to cool, crisp dawns. If nothing else, it's a shifting of seasons in my mind and spirit. And on this day of transition of seasons, I want to consciously, deliberately shift all of my burdens to You. You want to bear my burdens and lift my load, as I bring my soul under the rest of Your yoke. I want only the burdens You bring to my heart, with all the grace You bring to carry them. And as You lead me to bear the burden's of any other in this next season, I want to bear them only to You -- not taking them into myself, not ignoring them, but bearing them to the One who is the very best burden-bearer. "Bear one another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2). Today I will rest and enjoy this day of grace and peace in the loving and life-giving blessings You've given me. And as I shift in my spirit into the next season, I shift every false burden and false responsibility onto You, just as You have invited me to do. "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you" (Psalm 55:22). "Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you" (1 Peter 5:7, NLT). As I do, I will rest from my labors and enter only into Your labor of love; I will let go of my burdens and only take on the burden of the Lord with Your grace to bear them to You; I will come out from under every yoke that would drag the past along behind me and allow You to fasten me securely into Yours alone. God willing, and I believe You are, I will transition into this next season rested and ready to advance with You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Devotional Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com