Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Please God, Not Ourselves - November 30

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My Lord and Savior, be Lord of all I say and do today. ...

"We who are strong ought to put up with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Each of us must please our neighbor for the good purpose of building up the neighbor. For Christ did not please Himself ..." (Romans 15:1-3).


Thank You for those who put up with my failings when I am weak, for those who do not seek to please themselves, but rather seek to please You alone. Lord, give me that spirit, give me Your Spirit, when others seem to fail in weakness around me. You encourage us to build one another up, to prefer one another, to "outdo one another in showing honor" (Romans 12:10).


Throughout the moments of my day, let me be one who encourages rather than discourages, who blesses rather than curses, who forgives rather than resents, who builds up rather than tears down. Let this mind and heart be in me that was in You-as the Son of Man, filled with the Spirit of God, You sought to please the Father rather than please Yourself. You had nothing to prove and everything to give. In that way, You fulfilled the command to "let love be genuine" (Romans 12:9). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Friends,
You're Warmly Invited to the Messiah Ministries Christmas Party on December 2nd. Please come join us for a festive time with all our friends, 7-9 PM in the Foyer at Centenary UMC in Lexington, 2800 Tates Creek Road. Please let Marilyn Walker know if you're thinking of coming to help with our planning: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1591 Bring some friends!

 Tommy & Sylvia Hays
www.messiah-ministries.org

Orange