Monday, November 14, 2011

"Come Up Here" through the Open Door - November 14

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You today. ...

"After this I looked, and there in heaven a door stood open! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, 'Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.' At once I was in the Spirit, and there in heaven stood a throne, with One seated on the throne!" (Revelation 4:1-2)


Like John, I want to look up to heaven; I want to see the door that You're opening before me; I want to hear Your voice speaking to me. Like John I want to be caught up "in the Spirit;" I want to see the throne of Your authority; I want to see the One Who has all authority in my life and all authority in heaven and on earth.


My experience will be different than John's, as no two spiritual journeys and no two spiritual encounters are exactly the same. But at the same time, Your invitation to "Come up here" into the heavenly realm is the same to us all: "So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ Who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory" (Colossians 3:1-4).


Yes, Lord. I'm looking up. I'm setting my mind on things that are above, the things of the heavenly realm in You. And as I look and listen, I hear You now singing a new song of invitation into my spirit:


Come

Come up here

Here with Me

Let me show you the things

All the wonderful things

I have for you in Me


Thank You, Lord Jesus. You are "the door" (John 10:9). You are the door to life, the door to heaven, the door to the destiny You have for me and I have in You. So I will come and enter in. I will come and follow You, wherever You lead through whatever door You open for me-as best as I can and all by Your grace.


Now I hear Your words again to the new song You were writing on my heart a few days ago:


Come, follow Me

Come, follow Me

Wherever I lead

I want you there with Me

Come, follow Me

Come, follow Me


Yes, Lord; here I come. I don't know yet what the door is that You've opened for me, other than to know that You are in that door and Your plan for me in this season of my life is through that door. So that's where I want to be. And I embrace Your invitation to go there with You. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night, Nov. 18 at 7 pm for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit and the loving embrace of the Father heart of God. Brooke Barrett will be leading in worship and Linda Dulin-Moore will be leading in prayer this month. All are welcome! Please come and spread the word!


You're Invited to the Messiah Ministries Christmas Gathering on December 2nd! Please come join us for a festive time with all our friends, 7-9 PM in the Foyer at Centenary UMC in Lexington, 2800 Tates Creek Road. Please let Marilyn Walker know if you're thinking of coming to help with our planning: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1591


Friends, please keep us in prayer as Sylvia and I minister in San Antonio, Texas this week and then lead a Pastor's Retreat near Amarillo with the Northwest Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church this weekend. )Please let us know if you'd like us to come minister in healing prayer and prophetic ministry in your area. God bless you!


Tommy & Sylvia Hays