Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Favorite of God - November 16

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes, open up my heart, waken up my spirit, and listen up for Your voice. Speak, Lord, for Your servant, Your son, is listening. ....

"Now these are the last words of David: The oracle of David, son of Jesse, the oracle of the man whom God exalted, the anointed of the God of Jacob, the favorite of the Strong One of Israel ..." (2 Samuel 23:1).


David dared to believe he was Your favorite-"the favorite of the Strong One of Israel." Was that the most prideful, most arrogant, most self-centered declaration in all of history? Who did he think he was? How could he believe that You had a favorite and David was it?


It seems I hear You say: "My son, David was My favorite. He was blessed and highly favored. My favor was upon him; My grace was sufficient for him; My heart delighted in him. And so it is with you. And so it is with each of My children who open up their hearts to embrace the gift of My mercy and love for each of them. These are My favorites."


Yes, Lord. I want to be Your favorite. I want to be a man after Your own heart (1 Samuel 13:14). I want to be one of Your children, blessed and highly favored-not because I'm better than anyone else, but because I'm as blessed with Your favor as I can possibly be. And I know that's only possible in Christ-the Son of David and the Son of God, over Whom alone the voice of heaven declared, "You are My Beloved Son, with You I am well pleased" (Luke 3:22).


By the grace of Your mercy and love, I am "in Christ" and Christ is in me (Romans 8:1). And in Christ, I am "not in the flesh; (I am) in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in (me)" (Romans 8:9). "So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new .... so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:17-21). In Christ alone, the Son of David and the Son of God, I am a man after Your own heart. And in Christ alone, the Son of David and the Son of God, I am Your favorite, just as David was Your favorite. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.



Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night, Nov. 18 at 7 pm for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit and the loving embrace of the Father heart of God. Brooke Barrett will be leading in worship and Linda Dulin-Moore will be leading in prayer this month. All are welcome! Please come and spread the word!



You're Invited to the Messiah Ministries Christmas Gathering on December 2nd! Please come join us for a festive time with all our friends, 7-9 PM in the Foyer at Centenary UMC in Lexington, 2800 Tates Creek Road. Please let Marilyn Walker know if you're thinking of coming to help with our planning: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1591


Friends, please keep us in prayer as Sylvia and I minister in San Antonio, Texas this week and then lead a Pastor's Retreat near Amarillo with the Northwest Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church this weekend. Please let us know if you'd like us to come minister in healing prayer and prophetic ministry in your area. God bless you!


Tommy & Sylvia Hays
www.messiah-ministries.org