Monday, November 12, 2012

Intimacy and Discernment - November 12

Good morning, Lord Jesus. It's all about You, from beginning to end. You are the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Omega. So I want to begin and end this day with You in my heart and with You guiding my steps. ...


"Long ago God spoke to us in many and various ways by the prophets, but in these last days He has spoken to us by the Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom He also created the worlds. He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very Being, and He sustains all things by His powerful word" (Hebrews 1:1-3).


You sustain all things by Your powerful word. And in these last days, You speak to us and change us and guide us and sustain us by Your powerful word. So what could be more important that to learn to recognize and embrace Your word, to learn to trust and obey Your word? For You are the very Word of God (John 1:1).


You call us to listen and to hear Your voice, so we can follow You and You alone (John 10:1-5). So Word of God, would You speak to me now, as I begin my day listening to You? ...


It seems I hear You say: "You are My beloved. You are one who seeks My face and My voice. Look closely to see that it is I; listen carefully to hear that it is I. I call you to both intimacy and discernment. As intimacy grows, so does discernment. As you read My Word, seek My face, and hear My voice, you grow in your capacity to trust the One you see and hear. And rest in this truth, My beloved, My friend - even if you are mistaken, I am always with you, always seeking to lead you back to the path you've chosen to follow, to the path you've allowed Me to choose for you."


Yes, Lord. This is what I desire. And I'm asking You to help me grow in both my intimacy and discernment, as You help me grow into maturity (Ephesians 4:15). It's my prayer that in me and throughout Your beloved Body of Christ, our "love may abound more and more, with knowledge and discernment"

(Philippians 1:9, RSV). "We also know that the Son of God has come and has given us discernment to know the One who is true. And we are in the One who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life" (1 John 5:20, NAB). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Tommy, may you hear more clearly the voice of God, growing in both intimacy and discernment, as You seek His face in worship and prayer. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my freiend.




Friends, thank you for all your prayers for us at our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry in Lexington last week. The Holy Spirit moved mightily to bring equipping of the saints for the work of ministry and we also encountered the Lord is His mighty healing power in spirit, soul, and body. We even saw a very dramatic miraculous healing from scolisosis of the spine and freedom from pain! DVDs from this school and past Level 1 and Level 2 Schools are available on our Resources Page if you'd like to join with us that way. Be equipped and empowered to fulfill your destiny in Christ.


Please keep us in prayer this week, as I'm back in Texas Monday and Tuesday with Rapha God Ministries in San Antonio and then teaching the Level 2 School of Ministry at Covenant United Methodist Church in Austin with Pastor Val Sansing Wednesday throgh Saturday.

All are welcome to our Wednesday Night Healing Service at 7 PM at Covenant UMC (www.covenantaustin.org). And all who have had the Level 1 training or other inner healing and deliverance ministry training are welcome to join us for our Level 2 School at Covenant this week.
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502