Friday, January 18, 2013


Morning by Morning, January 18 – “Taught by the Spirit”

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You’re my Lord and Savior, my Healer and Redeemer, my Best Friend and Faithful Companion. Thank You for the beginning of another day of our great adventure in my journey of faith. 

 

“But as it is written, ‘What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love Him’ — these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God…. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit that is from God, so that we may understand the gifts bestowed on us by God. And we speak of these things in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual things to those who are spiritual” (1 Corinthians 2:9-13).

 

Holy Spirit of God, teach me the deep things of God, the spiritual things that human wisdom can’t know, the spiritual things that eyes haven’t seen and ears haven’t heard. Teach me things that my God has prepared for me for God’s purposes through me. Teach me Spirit to spirit, as “Deep calls to deep” (Psalm 42:7).

 

I want to be a spiritual man, taught by the Spirit of God. I want to abide in You, as You abide in me, learning from Your Holy Spirit as I listen from my human spirit (John 15:4). Help me become fully developed in my spiritual life, always living and learning, growing up and maturing, “in the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit” (2 Corinthians 13:14). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays