Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Morning by Morning, January 29 - Give, Do Good, and Love
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look and listen; I watch and wait. Come Holy Spirit, draw me near to my Father's heart in my Savior's name. ...
"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. If you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for He is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful" (Luke 6:32-36).
Give, expecting nothing. Do good, even when no one is looking or even when the ones who are looking are doing evil. Love, even at the risk of rejection, even in the face of misunderstanding or outright hatred. Though Your grace is free, Your calling is high. And clear - if I truly want to choose to live my life like a son of God. The children of the Most High are called to embrace the heart of the Most High.
Lord, I don't think my heart is that high yet. I think there's still too much of me that wants to insist on being right, on being treated right, on all things being just and fair, neat and tidy, even-handed and sure-footed. But Your Word and Your Spirit call me live from a deeper place, where my responses are not determined by someone's actions and my actions are not determined by the responses I desire.
That deeper place is an invitation to live in a deeper level of spiritual maturity. That deeper place is called the Kingdom of God. It's the Kingdom of God abiding inside my heart and expressed through my life. "For, in fact, the Kingdom of God is within (me)" (Luke 17:21). And through the mercy of Your grace, I am a son of the King, a child of the Most High, empowered by God to give and do good and love with my Father's heart. Help me desire it more deeply, so I can live it more fully, as best as I can and all by Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
My friend, I pray the Kingdom of God within you will arise and flow out of you today with the heart of God, giving, doing good, and loving everywhere you go and with everyone you're with. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
Over 45 people have signed up to join us for our 6 Week Level 1 School of Ministry for Sozo Inner Healing Prayer Ministry Training, through Rapha God Ministries in San Antonio, starting this Thursday Night, January 31. Please register and come join us; seating is limited, but we've been able to move our School over to Oak Hills Church for our classes to accommodate everyone. Please keep us in prayer for this course for equipping and training in healing prayer ministry! (www.RaphaGodMinistries.com)
I'm really excited to be speaking on The Healing Nature of Jesus during "An Evening of Healing" with Max Lucado at Oak Hills Church, at the main Crownridge Campus in San Antonio Wednesday Night, February 6 at 7pm. Please come join us if you can (www.oakhillschurch.com).
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Bldg 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257