Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Morning by Morning, October 30 - "Draw Near to Listen"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Awaken my spirit to arise into newness of life today.  ...

"Guard your steps when you go to the house of God; to draw near to listen is better than the sacrifice offered by fools ..." (Ecclesiastes 5:1).

As I come to the house of God, as I come to the place of prayer where my heart is Your house, give me grace to approach in humility and reverence, with intimacy and faith, honoring You as my God and King, yet also as my Best Friend and Life-long Companion (John 15:15). Let me guard my steps from presumption or pride, but also from doubt and unbelief. Let me come boldly to Your throne of grace because You've forgiven me of my sins and drawn me near in Your love (Hebrews 4:16).

And as I draw near to listen for Your voice and the leading of Your Spirit, help me be quiet to watch and wait for Your words of truth and life to my heart. ...

It seems I hear You say, "My son, do not hold back. Draw near. As you draw near to Me, I always draw near to you. In this very moment, I am strengthening you and encouraging you; I am preparing you for the steps you'll walk through this day. Know that I will go with you; and in fact, I have already gone before you. Trust Me and come follow Me, My friend."

Yes, Lord. I choose to believe I'm hearing Your voice, as I sense Your Presence and Your peace (John 10:3). I'm a child of God, created and called to be led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14). As I listen and hear, I am encouraged and strengthened. And I'm excited to see where You'll lead me today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

 
My Friend,  I pray you will hear the Lord's voice and follow the leading of His Spirit, as you drawn near to God throughout the moments of your day. Please pray the same the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue