Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Morning by Morning, October 22 - Press On to Perfection

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, fill my spirit, soul, and body with the fullness of Your Presence in the communion of prayer. ...

"Therefore let us go to toward perfection, leaving behind the basic teaching about Christ, and laying again the foundation:  repentance from dead works and faith toward God, instruction about baptisms, laying on of hands, resurrection of the dead, and the eternal judgment... Ground that drinks up the rain falling on it repeatedly, and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God" (Hebrews 6:1-7).

Lord, let Your Word fall like rain, repeatedly every day, on the ground of my heart, plowed and prepared for You. Let Your Spirit come rest upon me, repeatedly every day, like the dew of the morning, refreshed and renewed. I want to be useful to You and fruitful for Your Kingdom.

Thank You for the foundations of the faith You've established in my spirit, like well-planted seeds that are broken-up by pressure and time so that my spiritual life can arise out of the soil to grow into maturity, to go on toward perfection. And the perfection You desire form me is a life wholly devoted to You (Matthew 22:37-40). This is the fulfillment of Your command, "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect" (Matthew 5:48).

Yes, Lord -- all in Your time, all in Your way, all by the power of Your grace at work within me by Your Spirit (Philippians 2:13). "Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own.... I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:12-14). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit continues to stir in your heart to press on to perfection through the soaking Presence of God by His Word and Spirit upon your life repeatedly every day. Please pray the same the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

This weekend I'm excited to be speaking on Healing & Stewardship of Spirit, Soul, and Body at First United Methodist Church of La Grange, Texas with my good friend Pastor J. Paul Bruhn. Please keep us in prayer.

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue