Monday, June 15, 2015

Morning by Morning, June 15 - Sabbath of Complete Rest and Complete Trust

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my Light and my Salvation, my Hope and my Hero, my Father and my Friend. I welcome You into my heart as Lord of my life this day and every day.  ...

"The Lord spoke to Moses on Mount Sinai, saying:  Speak to the people of Israel and say to them:  When you enter the land that I am giving you, the land shall observe a sabbath for the Lord. Six years you shall sow your field, and six years you shall prune your vineyard, and gather in their yield; but in the seventh year there shall be a sabbath of complete rest for the land, a sabbath for the Lord:  you shall not sow your field or prune your vineyard. You shall not reap the aftergrowth of your harvest or gather the grapes of your unpruned vine:  it shall be a year of complete rest for the land" (Leviticus 25:1-5).

Every seventh day was a day of rest and every seventh year was a year of rest (Leviticus 23:3). By commanding a complete rest for the land and complete rest for Your people, You were teaching them complete trust in You as Sovereign Lord. "I the Lord am your God; follow My statutes, and be careful to observe My ordinances, and hallow My sabbaths that they may be a sign between Me and you, so that you may know that I the Lord am your God" (Ezekiel 20:19-20).

Today, all the statutes and ordinances of the law, including the law of sabbath, are fulfilled in Christ (Matthew 5:17; Romans 10:4). Today, You teach us Your ways through the spiritual principles revealed by Your law; and the physical journey of the children of Israel leads us by example in our spiritual journey with You. "These things happened to them to serve as an example, and they were written down to instruct us, on whom the ends of the ages have come" (1 Corinthians 10:11).

Forgive me and the people of my land for the ways we have not honored You and Your sabbath by choosing to completely rest and completely trust in You alone. Forgive us for the ways we've continued to work and strive in our own power, in our own wisdom, in our own ways, as if we were our own gods. Even now, would You stir in our hearts by Your Spirit to lead us to the repentance that forgives us and frees us by Your mercy. "While God has overlooked the times of human ignorance, now He commands all people everywhere to repent, because He has fixed a day on which He will have the world judged in righteousness by a Man whom He has appointed, and of this He has given assurance to all by raising Him from the dead" (Acts 17:30-31).

"Therefore, while the promise of entering His rest is still open, let us take care that none of (us) should seem to have failed to reach it.... Since therefore, it remains open for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of their disobedience, again He sets a certain day -- 'today' -- saying through David much later, in the words already quoted, 'Today, if you hear His voice do not harden your hearts.' ... Let us therefore make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one may fall through such disobedience as theirs" (Hebrews 4:1-11).

Come, Holy Spirit. Forgive me and the people of my land for failing to fully enter into the complete rest of the Father, by completely trusting in Jesus as Lord. As a remnant of God, we welcome You into our hearts and into our land as a people and a nation under God (2 Chronicles 7:14). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you embrace the sabbath of complete rest and complete trust the Father has provided for you in Jesus Christ as Lord of allin Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


 
Friends, I'm excited to be speaking again in the teaching and equipping sessions this summer at the Aldersgate 2015 National Conference on Spirit Filled Living at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky this year. Please come join us July 9-12, 2015 www.aldersgate2015.org God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!