Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Morning by Morning, June 2 - Set Your Mind on Things Above

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I entrust the moments of my day into Your hands -- hands scarred by the nails that forever mark the sacrifice of Your love for me.  ...

"So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not at things that are on earth, for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is you life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory" (Colossians 3:1-4).

I want to start my day seeking the things that are above -- seeking first the kingdom of God (Matthew 6:30). Before I start to seek the calendar, seek the news, seek breakfast, seek exercise (just kidding, Lord), or anything else, I want to seek You first.

To set my mind on the things that are above it to make a deliberate choice where to direct my thoughts. All the world battles for my thoughts. And, of course, there are many things I'll need to think about today, whether for me for others. But first, I choose to think about You. First, I choose to look up to the things that are above, before looking after the things that are below. First, I choose to look to You.

And then, "all these things will be given to (me) as well" (Matthew 6:33). Then, You "will make straight (my) paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6). As I look to You, You go before me to "make a path for (my) steps" (Psalm 85:13). As I first delight in You, You delight in me. "Our steps are made firm by the Lord, when He delights in our way; though we stumble, we shall not fall headlong, for the Lord holds us by the hand" (Psalm 37:23).

Some say we shouldn't be so heavenly-minded that we're no earthly good. But Your Word says to first seek what's above before seeking what's below. And Your Word says the heavenly-minded are the wisest of all. "For the wise, the path of life leads upward" (Proverbs 15:24). Thank You for moving in my heart today to look upward. Thank You for the wisdom and the power of Your grace to first set my mind on the things that are above. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray the Holy Spirit will lead you and empower you to start each day looking above, in Jesus' name.  Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

 
Friends, I'm excited to be preaching with Max Lucado to share a word of hope and healing tomorrow night at the First Wednesday Worship & Healing Service at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge Campus in San Antonio. If you're in the area, please come join us at 7 pm on June 3rd.  Our Rapha God Ministries Team will be joining the Oak Hills Church Prayer Team to pray for anyone after the worship and message. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!