Thursday, June 25, 2015

Morning by Morning, June 25 - Boundaries of Grace and Obedience

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Cleanse me, heal me, free me, transform me and empower me from the inside out, as I open my heart wide to Your Spirit, here in these first thoughts and words of my day.  ...

"My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become My disciples. As the Father has loved Me, so I have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. I have said these things to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.... You are My friends if you do what I command you" (John 15:8-14).

According to Your Word, there is a bond between love and obedience, that abiding in Your love also means obeying You in love, that friendship with God, also includes submission to God. And You want us to learn the boundaries of this bond and live in the tension of both grace and obedience so that our joy may be complete.

A powerful river flowing freely is very beautiful but also very destructive if it overflows its banks. And the free grace of God in Jesus Christ is very beautiful but also very destructive if we try we try to live in grace without the boundaries of obedience. Sadly, Ananias and Sapphira made themselves our eternal examples of the personal destruction that overflows from a heart that tries to receive the blessings of the grace of God without also choosing to live in obedience to God. The rivers of grace outside the boundaries of obedience can cost us our lives and our witness (Acts 5:1-11).

Help me learn to live in the tension of grace and obedience, both abiding in Your love and also obeying Your command to love. Let my joy be complete, as I learn to live completely submitted to You as a disciple of Christ and a friend of God. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May your joy be complete as the Spirit of Christ at work in your heart empowers you to live and love, fully abiding in the grace of God within the boundaries of obediencein Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

Friends, please keep us in prayer as we continue our Level 2 School of Ministry tonight in Fredericksburg, Texas through our ministry partnership between Rapha God Ministries and the Fredericksburg Campus of Oak Hills Church to equip their prayer team for inner healing prayer ministry. God bless you and the ministry of God through you!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!