Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Morning by Morning, June 10 - Morning by Morning He Wakens Me

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn my eyes upon You. As I behold You, You are changing me into Your image by Your Spirit, from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18).  ...

"The Lord has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may sustain the weary with a word. Morning by morning He wakens -- wakens my ear to listen as those who are taught" (Isaiah 50:9).

Since I woke up this morning of my fifty-fourth birthday, You've been flooding my mind with memories of moments of my life. And the first thing that comes to my heart is:  "There, but for the grace of God, go I." You've always been with me -- especially in the very moments when I thought You were the farthest. I look back and see Your hand upon my life -- especially in the very moments when I deserved it the least.

You've also been speaking to me and reminding me of the words of encouragement and comfort, from You and through Your sons and daughters, of my identity and destiny, of my calling and purpose. And You've been reminding me that "the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable" (Romans 11:29).

I'm forever in need of Your grace. And I thank You that I'll always have it. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23). So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I humble myself to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone for all of my life. I know I'm in good hands -- hands forever scarred with Your forever love for me.

I'm excited to see what You have in store in these next years to come in this great adventure we're on! I'm a servant and a son of God, a child and a friend of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Keep waking me every morning in Your mercy and grace to seek Your face and listen for Your voice to share the words You put into my heart. And thank You for all those You've woken and spoken Your words into their hearts to speak into my life along the way. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May the you awaken every morning seeking the face and listening for the voice of the Lord, your God, to start your day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit, to know your identity and fulfill your destiny in the power and grace of our faithful God, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Thank you for joining with me on this journey of prayer!


Friends, I'm excited to be speaking again in the teaching and equipping sessions this summer at the Aldersgate 2015 National Conference on Spirit Filled Living at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky this year. Please come join us July 9-12, 2015 www.aldersgate2015.org God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!