Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Morning by Morning, June 3 - Boldness of Intimacy with God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day and every day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit.  ...

"Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have boldness before God; and we receive from Him whatever we ask, because we obey His commandments and do what pleases Him" (1 John 3:21-22).

There's no sin You will not forgive, no wound You will not heal, no chain You will not break, as we welcome You into our hearts. You draw near the brokenhearted and save the crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:18).  You cleanse our hearts from all unrighteousness as we entrust our hearts to You in confession and repentance of all that's less than Your heart for us (1 John 1:9). You create in us a clean heart and renew a right spirit within us (Psalm 51:10). "For God is greater than our hearts" (1 John 3:20). 

Then with "clean hands and pure hearts" we "ascend the hill of the Lord" and are welcome to "stand in His holy place" (Psalm 24:3-4). There we "receive blessing from the Lord, and vindication from the God of (our) salvation. Such is the company of those who seek Him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob" (Psalm 24:5-6).

This is the intimacy I desire. That You would forgive me and heal me and free me. That You would change me from the inside out, taking away my hardened heart and giving me a tender heart that loves You with all my heart and mind and soul and strength (Ezekiel 36:26). That You would fully and forever free me to come boldly before Your throne of grace (Hebrews 4:6). Not just one day, but every day. Not just in one moment of prayer, but in a lifetime of constant communion of deeply intimate fellowship with You -- You abiding in me and I abiding in You (John 15:7).

Come into my heart this day and every day, Lord Jesus. Continually fill me with Your Holy Spirit and Your ever-abiding Presence (Ephesians 5:18). I believe this is Your heart and Your will for me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you experience boldness of intimacy with God this day and every day, in Jesus' name.  Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

 
Friends, I'm excited to be preaching with Max Lucado to share a word of hope and healing tonight at the First Wednesday Worship & Healing Service at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge Campus in San Antonio. If you're in the area, please come join us at 7 pm.  Our Rapha God Ministries Team will be joining the Oak Hills Church Prayer Team to pray for anyone after the worship and message. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!