Monday, August 17, 2015

Morning by Morning, August 17 - God's Will and My Freedom, My Heart in His Hands
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let me experience Your presence, hear Your voice, and follow Your leading as I begin my day in the communion of prayer with You, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He will. All deeds are right in the sight of the doer; but the Lord weighs the heart" (Proverbs 21:1-2).
 
You're the sovereign Lord who rules and reigns over all, according to Your perfect plans and Your perfect will. Yet, at the same time, You've created us in Your perfect nature of love, in Your image of love, for a relationship of love. And a true relationship of love requires the freedom to love You or not, trust You or not, obey You or not. 
 
You turn our hearts according to Your will; and at the same time, You weigh our hearts based upon the choices we make in the freedom of our hearts to love You and trust You and obey You or not. In the morning by morning, moment by moment tension of these two truths, both Your sovereignty and our freedom are just as true and just as real.
 
Every day, You "set before (us) life and death, blessings and cruses," inviting us "Choose life so that (we) and (our) descendants may live, loving the Lord (our) God, obeying Him, and holding fast to Him" (Deuteronomy 30:19-20). Every day, You invite us to "choose this day" whom we will serve (Joshua 24:15). And every day You remind us "Those who love Me will keep My word, and My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make our Home with them" (John 14:23). "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. I have said these things to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have love you" (John 15:10-12).
 
So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I entrust my heart into Your hands today. I willingly choose to open my heart to Your desires, according to Your plan and Your will for my life this day. Move in my heart by Your Spirit to cause me to desire and to do what is right and pleasing to You. Empower me to love You and obey You in the freedom I have in Your sovereign will for my life. "For it is God who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

May the Holy Spirit stir in your human spirit to put your heart in God's hands today to love Him and trust Him and obey Him as best as you can and all by His grace, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

     

Friends, please join us for our next School of Ministry in September being hosted at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio. 
Register by calling Rapha God Ministries at 210 233-1072 
School of Ministry Sept 2015

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!