Monday, August 10, 2015

Morning by Morning, August 10 - Humility of Heart
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You today.  ...
 
"God resists the proud, but give grace to the humble.... Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up" (James 4:6-10 NKJV).
 
In humility of heart, I want to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone. Set me free from my selfishness and self-centeredness, from my insistence upon my independence apart from Your wisdom and authority in my life. Forgive me for my pride that says I'll do it my way, instead of Your way and demands my will instead of trusting Your will. Give a heart that honestly says, "not my will, but Yours, be done" (Luke 22:42).
 
You are the God who "leads the humble in what is right and teaches the humble (Your) way" (Psalm 25:9). You are the God who "adorns the humble with victory" (Psalm 149:4). And it's to the humble You grant Your favor and Your blessings (Proverbs 3:34).
 
I admit I need a more humble heart. Help me have the courage to boldly entrust my heart into Your hands and commit my will to Your will every day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

May you experience the blessings and favor of God, as you humble your heart in His sight and allow Him to lift you up and lead your life, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!