Friday, November 20, 2015

Morning by Morning, November 20 - "Strong and Courageous" in the Days of Weariness and Fear
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I begin my day focused on You.  ...
 
"Again one in human form touched me and strengthened me. He said, 'Do not fear, greatly beloved, you are safe. Be strong and courageous!' When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, 'Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.' Then he said, 'do you know why I have come to you? ... I am to tell you what is inscribed in the Book of Truth" (Daniel 10:18-21).
 
Daniel's spiritual eyes were opened to see a vision of things to come. And the things he saw made him weary and afraid. He said, "My strength left me, and my complexion grew deathly pale, and I retained no strength" (v. 8). But You sent Your angel to strengthen him and revealed Your Word to him to encourage him. The angel touched him and lifted him to his knees and spoke to him, 'Daniel, greatly beloved, pay attention to the words that I am going to speak to you. Stand on your feet, for I have now been sent to you' (v. 10-11).
 
In the strength of the Lord, Daniel stood up, though still trembling in the face of what he had seen (v. 11). But the angel from the Lord continued to speak words of spirit and life to encourage his heart, exhorting him, "Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words.... and have come to help you understand what is to happen to your people at the end of days" (v. 12-14).
 
As you open our eyes to see the unfolding of these days, both on the earth and in the spiritual realm around us, we have days where our strength seems to fail and we begin to grow weary and afraid. So we need Your supernatural strength and power. We need to be encouraged by Your Book of Truth. We need to know we are safe in the security of Your eternal embrace no matter what we endure on this earth. So just as in the days of Daniel, You lift us to our knees in prayer and exhort us to stand to our feet in faith. 
 
Father God, You've sent us Your angels, You've sent us Your Word, You've sent us Your Holy Spirit, and You've sent us Your Son. You're awakening us in our spirits to arise and "pay attention to the words" that You are speaking to us (v. 11). And now in these days and the days to come, by the power of the grace of God at work within us, we will not fear, but "be strong and courageous" (v. 19). By the unbreakable promises of Your Book of Truth, "in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us" (Romans 8:37). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be strong and courageous in these days of weariness and fear, bowing on your knees in prayer and rising to your feet in faith in the supernatural strength and power of our God, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 
  


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!