Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Morning by Morning, November 4 - Seeking God
Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I settle in to my prayer chair and open up my spirit and speak out Your name, I begin my day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...
"Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near" (Isaiah 55:6).
On the one hand, we can always seek You and You can always be found; we can always call upon You, because You're always near. But at the same time, there are certain times when we are moved more deeply to seek You more passionately.
For me, those times are often the times of personal brokenness, heartache, or failure. They're often the times when I'm worried, lonely, or afraid. And they're the times when it's hard to hope and keep on expecting something good is going to come out of something so bad. Those are the times like Psalm 107 when they "cried to the Lord in their trouble and He saved them from their distress" (Psalm 107:13, 19, 28). 
It's those times when I need to know the most, deep down in my soul, that You will never leave me and never forsake me (Hebrews 13:5). That's when I need You to remind me, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6). "If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31 KJV)
But it's also these early morning times, when I do my best to start my day deliberately, intentionally seeking Your face and listening for Your voice and the leading of Your Spirit. I feel You're already here, just waiting for me, ready to be found. As soon as I can get quiet and still in my soul to say from my heart, "Here I am, Lord," You're already saying, "I'm already here."
You invite us to "search for (You) and perhaps grope for (You) and find (You) -- though indeed (You are) not far from each one of us" (Acts 17:27). And You promise us "When you call upon Me and come and pray to Me, I will hear you. When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me" (Jeremiah 29:12-14).
So whether from heartache, hardship, or just hunger for Your presence, I'm seeking You, Lord, while You can be found. I'm calling out to You while You are near. I'm taking hold of You with all my heart, because You're the One who takes hold of me and never lets go (John 10:28). You're the One who always says I'm already here -- "Before (you) call I will answer, while (you) are yet speaking I will hear" (Isaiah 65:24). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will feel the loving embrace and presence of the Lord right now, as you seek Him with all your heart and find Him so ready to be found by you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
             

Friends, I'm excited to be sharing a message Hope and Healing with Max Lucado this Wednesday Night, Nov 4, at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio. Please come join us for the First Wednesday Worship and Healing Service. Our Rapha God Ministries team will be joining the Oak Hills Church Prayer Team to offer personal prayer ministry for everyone. All are welcome!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!