Friday, July 29, 2016

Morning by Morning, July 29 - "The Appointed Time"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Rule and reign in my heart and life today as King of kings and Lord of lords.  ...
 
"For there is still a vision for the appointed time; it speaks of the end, and does not lie. If it seems to tarry, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay" (Habakkuk 2:3).
 
All that You've promised in Your Word and spoken in my heart will surely come. All will come in the appointed time. When You point, it will be time. When You speak, it will be done. "Just say the word" and it shall be so (Luke 7:7).
 
Sometimes it "seems to tarry," but "it will not delay." You're timing is not always my timing, just as Your thoughts and Your ways are not always my thoughts and my ways (Isaiah 55:8). So Your Word reminds me:  "Do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some think of slowness, but is patient with (us), not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:8-9).
 
As it turns out, it's not all about me. It's about me and so much more than me. It's about all You're doing every day, as You work in the heart of every soul, using everything that will happen in our broken, fallen world to bring us closer to You. You cause all things to work together for my good and the good of all (Romans 8:29). So I shouldn't be surprised and I shouldn't get discouraged when that seems to take a little more time than I'd like to spend in the places and situations I find myself. 
 
You give me the freedom to cry out, "How long, O Lord?" (Psalm 13:1) And at the same time, You've forever reserved the right to reply, "As long as it takes, My child."
 
Thank You for all Your patience with me. Give me the grace everyday to be patient in You. "For in hope we are saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what is seen? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience" (Romans 8:25). So with hope and patience, through the eyes of my heart, I look forward with vision for "the appointed time" to come, choosing to trust in You that "it will not delay" but be right on time. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you will know a deep peace in the patience God gives you in His grace to wait for His appointed time to fulfill every promise He's spoken to you in His Word and to your heart, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

       


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!