Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Morning by Morning, April 11 - "Led by the Spirit of God"

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my life and every moment of my day.  ... 

"Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. For if you live by its dictates, you will die. But if through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:12-14 NLT). 

Throughout the encounters and decisions I'll face today, just like every day, I will have the opportunity at every turn to choose to be led by the sinful nature of my flesh or the righteous nature of Your Spirit. My flesh--grounded in my own selfishness and self-centeredness-- will urge me to make one choice, while Your Spirit--grounded in Your Word and Your will--will urge me to make different choice. As a child of God, I want to make right choices led by the right Spirit. As a child God, I want to be "led by the Spirit of God" (Romans 8:14).  

So here at the beginning of my day, I want to be centered in You--grounded in Your Word, filled with Your Spirit, embraced in the communion of Your Presence. I'm asking You to put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, so when the opportunities to make my choices come, I'm already connected with You, abiding in You as You abide in me (John 15:4).  

Then listening for Your leading and seeking to discern Your direction, I'll be able to more clearly sense Your will and Your ways in every decision I'll make. Then "when (I) turn to the right or when (I) turn to the left, (my) ears shall hear a voice behind (me), saying, 'This is the way; walk in it'" (Isaiah 30:21). This is one of the greatest gifts and most precious, powerful blessings of God to be led by the Spirit of God as a child of God. So Holy Spirit of God, come lead me today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My Friend, I pray you begin this day and every day centered in Christ--grounded in the Word of God, filled with the Spirit of God, and embraced in the communion of God--so you can clearly discern His will and His ways in every decision you face, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for meGod bless you, my friend! 

  
   
 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!