Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Morning by Morning, April 24 - Live and Move and Be in Him
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here in my heart, here in the communion of prayer to begin my day, let me be embraced in my Father's arms, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit to begin my day well and live my day well, all in the power of Your grace and the intimacy of Your Presence.  ...
 
"In Him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:25).
 
Lord, let there be less of the world in me and more of You in me. Let there be less of my will and more of Your will, less of my ways and more of Your ways. Instead of it being all about me, let it be all about You. Free me from myself so that I live and move and have my being in You rather than me. 
 
How to I do that, Lord?  ...
 
It seems I hear You saying in my heart, "Turn Your attention to Me. Take time to look to Me and listen to Me, to sit silently before Me with your spirit actively worshipping Me and welcoming Me into union with you. Allow Me to put My thoughts in your mind and My desires in your heart so I can guide your steps in My ways as I walk with you on the journey of each day."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. Let it be so. "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). As I abide in You, You abide in me (John 15:4). May it become "not longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me" (Galatians 2:20). 
 
Give me a deeper hunger, even an insatiable yearning in my spirit, to become one spirit with You. By the power of Your grace, may I live and move and have my being in You--more and more, every day. "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with (us) all" (2 Corinthians 13:13). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




Tommy, I pray you live and move and be in the Lord--embraced by your Father, centered in Christ, and filled with His Holy Spirit, becoming more like Him and walking more closely with Him every day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for meGod bless you, my friend! 

   
   
Tommy Hays' 365 Day Prayer Devotional
Morning by Morning, 2nd Edition
"A Deeply Intimate Journey with Jesus"

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!