Monday, January 07, 2019

Morning by Morning, January 7 - "Early in the Morning to Listen to Him"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart to guide my steps in Your will throughout the moments of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Every day He was teaching in the temple, and at night He would go out and spend the night on the Mount of Olives, as it was called. And all the people would get up early in the morning to listen to Him in the temple" (Luke 21:37-38).
 
Your temple is now my heart. The Holy of Holies is now the place where my human spirit communes with Your Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19; 2 Corinthians 13:13). And every day You want to teach me in the temple of my heart and lead me by Your Spirit from the holiness and intimacy of my communion with You. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14).
 
So I "get up early in the morning to listen to (You) in the temple." I'm a son of God and a sheep of Your pasture, seeking to hear Your voice and sense Your leading. As Your Word says, Your "sheep hear (Your) voice" and Your "sheep follow (You) because they know (Your) voice" (John 10:3-5). 
 
Taking time with You alone -- here beyond the veil of everything else in my world, here in the Holy of Holies of Your Presence in contemplative prayer, here in the communion of my spirit abiding with Your Spirit -- I come to know You even as I am known. As You said in Your Word, "I know My own and My own know Me, just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father.... and they will listen to My voice" (John 10:14-16).
 
Just like You cleansed the temple in Jerusalem, keep cleansing the temple of my heart (John 2:13-17). Get everything out that keeps me from knowing You more deeply, sensing Your Presence more intimately, and hearing Your voice more clearly. Let this temple be "a house of prayer," holy and cleansed, forgiven and free, looking and listening to follow Your leading from intimate communion with You (Luke 19:45-46). A deeper spiritual life with You is certainly worth getting up a little early in the morning -- morning by morning -- to listen to You in the temple of my heart. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My Friend, I pray you're drawn beyond the veil into the Holy of Holies of the temple of your heart with Jesus each day to hear His voice and sense His leading throughout the moments of your day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Morning by Morning, Daily Devotional Book. One's year's worth of a selection of my daily prayer devotionals -- written fresh every morning from the communion of prayer to begin your day embraced by your Father, centered in Jesus, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Join me on the journey and share this with a friend who's longing for a deeper, more intimate relationship with God.

 

Register for the Healing Academy.
Friends, I'll be teaching at the Healing Academy on Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry this coming February 5-8, 2019 in the Nashville area at the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Center. Please come join us if you're being called to healing prayer ministry! Sign up today:    Healing Academy

Keynote Speaker in Shropshire, England for March Conference "Release for the Captives!"
Friends, I'm excited to be invited as Keynote Speaker this year for the European Conference of the Holy Spirit through Aldersgate Renewal Ministries in Shropshire, England in March. The theme this year is "Release for the Captives!"  Come join us!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!