Thursday, January 30, 2020

Morning by Morning, January 30 - "The Commander of the Army of the Lord"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart and every moment of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. Now, I wait in the silence of surrender before You and then listen for the leading of Your Spirit. ...
 
"And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, 'Are You for us or for our adversaries?' So He said, 'No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.' And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, 'What does my Lord say to His servant?' Then the Commander of the Lord's army said to Joshua, 'Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand is holy.' And Joshua did so" (Joshua 5:13-15 NKJV).
 
In a spiritual encounter with You -- an epiphany of the Pre-incarnate Christ -- Joshua took off his shoes, for he was standing on holy ground. It was holy because You were there. He worshipped because You were there. He called You "Lord" because he surrendered in trusting faith to Your lordship and authority over his life and all You entrusted to him.
 
Even so, the first question on Joshua's mind was about himself, about the people entrusted to him, and about the battles and the mission at hand, asking, "Are You for us or for our adversaries?"
 
But Your answer turned his attention off of himself and on to You. You were not there to serve -- neither Joshua nor his adversaries. You were there to be served. You were not there to be commanded; You were there to command. There's only one Commander of the army of the Lord -- not Joshua, not a mighty archangel or mighty warrior angel or mighty revival breakthrough angel or anyone else. You alone are the Commander of the Lord's army. Joshua and the angels and all the army of the Lord -- whether in the spiritual realm or the natural realm, whether in the heavens or on the earth -- were to bow in humility in the holiness of Your Presence to listen, to trust, and to obey Your command.
 
Commander of the Army of the Lord, I take off my shoes and bow before You in humility and worship. Here at the beginning of this new day, this new year, this new season, this new decade, this new era, I want to turn my focus away from myself and my battles and my mission to look to You first. I want to intentionally, deliberately seek You first and Your Kingdom and Your righteousness (Matthew 6:33). I want to press into You first for Your wisdom and Your guidance and Your command, not leaning on my own understanding, but fully trusting in You with all my heart (Proverbs 3:5-6).
 
Like Joshua, I want to lift my eyes and look. I want to behold the One who stands before me, who is with me now and always. I want to open my spirit to the One wants to ever-abide within me by Your Spirit (John 15:4; 1 Corinthians 3:16). Draw the sword of the Your Word and speak it into my heart (Ephesians 6:17). I'm here at Your command to come follow You (Matthew 4:19). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you bow in humility and trusting surrender to listen and trust and obey the Commander of the Army of the Lord who will lead you into victory after victory in your Promised Land, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

      


I'm excited to be teaching the Healing Academy at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries again this year, the first week of February -- February 3-7, 2020 in Goodlettsville, TN just north of Nashville. Register today and come join us! Please spread to word to anyone who may be interested in this week-long equipping and experience of healing prayer ministry: 
 
 

I will be teaching based on my book Free to Be Like Jesus-Transforming Power of Inner Healing and Deliverance, which I'm so honored to be endorsed by Max Lucado, Randy Clark, and Andy Reese.
   

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!