Thursday, January 16, 2020

Morning by Morning, January 16 - Overflowing at "The Time of Harvest"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me deeper -- to dig deeper, grow deeper, continue deeper -- deep to Deep, spirit to Spirit, heart to Heart -- on my journey into deeper intimacy with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"Now the Jordan overflows all its banks throughout the time of harvest" (Joshua 3:15).
 
You never said harvest time would be easy time. You never said the time of revival and awakening would be clean and tidy. Instead, You said things like:  "Count it all joy when you fall in to various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who give to all liberally and without reproach" (James 1:2-5). "In this you rejoice, even if now for a little while you have had to suffer various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith -- being more precious than gold that, though perishable, is tested by fire -- may be found to result in praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed" (1 Peter 1:6-7). "In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). "A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted Me, they will persecute you also" (John 15:20). "If the world hates you, know that it has hated Me before it hated you" (John 15:18). "Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man" (Luke 6:22). "We must through many tribulations enter the Kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22).
 
So "the time of harvest" can feel like a rushing river that "overflows all its banks." But that's why we need to hold on to You even tighter, to dig into Your Word and embrace Your Presence even deeper. We're desperately dependent upon You -- for wisdom, understanding, guidance, identity, destiny, healing, freedom, protection, provision, salvation, sanctification, transformation, anointing, authority, and power. You're the Source of all we need (Matthew 6:25-34).
 
So when we feel overwhelmed by the floods -- even the flood of the harvest or the flood of persecution and resistance pushing back against our obedience and faithfulness -- You encourage us that You are with us. We have nothing to fear. You speak to us in the depths of our being -- Deep to deep, Spirit to spirit, Heart to heart -- "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I AM the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.... You are precious in My sight, and honored, and I love you.... Do not fear, for I AM with you" (Isaiah 43:1-5).
 
So when I look around and see the floods and everything that comes with it, trying to weary me or worry me or overwhelm me, I can choose to look up to You and rejoice -- for "the time of harvest" is at hand! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you look up to the Lord in the midst of all you're going through that may be trying to weary you, worry you, or overwhelm you, knowing He is with you to turn it all around for you and for His Kingdom at hand in this time of harvest, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

I'm excited to be teaching the Healing Academy at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries again this year, the first week of February -- February 3-7, 2020 in Goodlettsville, TN just north of Nashville. Register today and come join us! Please spread to word to anyone who may be interested in this week-long equipping and experience of healing prayer ministry: 
 
 

I will be teaching based on my book Free to Be Like Jesus-Transforming Power of Inner Healing and Deliverance, which I'm excited by have endorsed by Max Lucado, Randy Clark, and Andy Reese.
   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!