Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Morning by Morning, January 14 - Driving Out My Spiritual Enemies
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I rest in You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"Joshua said, 'By this you shall know that among you is the Living God who without fail will drive out from before you the Canaanites, Hittites, Hivites, Perizzites, Girgashites, Amorites, and the Jebusites:  the ark of the covenant of the Lord of all the earth is going to pass before you into the Jordan'" (Joshua 3:10-11).
 
You are the Living God. And You are among us. And by the great mystery of faith amazing grace of God, You are even within us. "Christ in (us), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27).
 
Just as You drove out the enemies of the people of God before them so they could enter into their Promised Land, You drive out our spiritual enemies before us so we can enter our Promised Land. "Without fail," You will be relentless if we will let You have Your way. And without doubt, we can know that we don't face our spiritual enemies alone and we don't have to drive them out in our own power.
 
You are the Living God who will do this for us. You only ask that we humble ourselves to call on Your name and choose each day whom or what we will serve. As Joshua would say, "Now therefore fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:14-15).4
 
By the power of Your grace, I choose to serve You, to embrace You, to trust in You, to rest in You, to let You have Your way in me. There may not be any Canaanites or Girgashites living in the "flesh" the remaining unsanctified areas my soul, but without doubt there are other "ites" that need to be driven out from among me to make room for more of You. And "without fail" You will do this. "May the God of peace Himself sanctify (me) entirely; and may (my) spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls (me) is faithful, and He will do this. Beloved, pray for (me)" (1 Thessalonians 5:23-25).
 
Your part is to sanctify me. My part is to submit to You. That Your way of leading me into my Promised Land, as I come and follow You. "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.... Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you" (James 4:7-10).
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Crucify my flesh and drive out my spiritual enemies. Sanctify me and make me more like Jesus each day. My Father God, I desire to enter into my Promised Land and live into the fullness of all You have for me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you choose, by the power of God's grace, to serve Him, embrace Him, trust Him, rest in Him, and let Him have His way in you so you can enter into your Promised Land and the fullness of all He has for you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


I'm excited to be teaching the Healing Academy at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries again this year, the first week of February -- February 3-7, 2020 in Goodlettsville, TN just north of Nashville. Register today and come join us! Please spread to word to anyone who may be interested in this week-long equipping and experience of healing prayer ministry: 
 
 

I will be teaching based on my book Free to Be Like Jesus-Transforming Power of Inner Healing and Deliverance, which I'm excited by have endorsed by Max Lucado, Randy Clark, and Andy Reese.
   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!