Monday, January 06, 2020

Morning by Morning, January 6, 2020 - Vessel of Honor
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I begin another year of my daily journey of prayer with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- help me listen for Your leading and walk with You in the Spirit, morning by morning and then moment by moment throughout my day. ...
 
As I listen and wait for the leading this morning, I'm especially listen for Your word for me for this New Year. ...
 
I hear You continuing to speak to my heart of being "a vessel of honor." ...
 
Your written Word to us all comes to mind to confirm Your spoken word to me. ...
 
"In a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. Flee youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the lord out of a pure heart. But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their sense and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will" (2 Timothy 2:20-26 NKJV).
 
I'm called to be "a vessel for honor." And while we might tend to think we are created either for honor or dishonor, created of "gold and silver" or of "wood and clay," and that we have no choice or responsibility in the matter other than to acknowledge our sovereignty over all, Your Word emphasizes something else. Your Word says, "If anyone cleanses himself from the latter (from dishonor), he will be a vessel for honor."
 
First, the invitation of Your Word is available to "anyone." Second, the invitation of Your Word is a promise for "anyone (who) cleanses himself." And along with every promise of the Word of God comes the provision of the grace we need to live into Your promise in fulfillment of Your Word. "For God is working in (us), giving (us) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT).
 
So come, Holy Spirit. Give me the desire and the power to desire and to do what pleases God. Empower me by Your grace to "cleanse (myself) from (dishonor)." Empower me by Your grace to be "sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work."
 
Lord Jesus, You said, "Apart from Me, you can do nothing (John 15:5). But You also promised us Your Presence and Your provision for all we need to become all we're created to be as we abide in deeply personal and intimate relationship with You, saying, "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples" (John 15:7-8).
 
Father God, it strikes me that Your Word emphasizes our active participation in the cleansing from dishonor, rather than emphasizing our active participation in making ourselves a vessel for honor:  "Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor" (2 Timothy 2:21). We will "be" a vessel for honor as we cleanse ourselves from dishonor. 
 
How do we do this? According to Your Word, we "flee" what is wrong and "pursue" what is right; we "flee" the lusts of the world, the flesh, and the devil, as we "pursue" righteousness, faith, love, and peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart" -- all as best as we can and all by the power of Your grace (2 Timothy 2:22).
 
Yes, we are saved by grace through faith alone in Christ, not by any works of anything we have done but only by what You have done for us (Ephesians 2:8-9). And at the same time, "we are (Your) workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10). We're going to heaven when we die, and nothing can snatch us from Your hand of salvation (John 10:28). And at the same time, we are created for so much more than salvation alone. We're created to be vessels of honor, "sanctified and useful to the Master for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21). So we can praise You and thank You for our salvation by the power and mercy and grace of God where "there is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit" (Romans 8:1). And at the same time, we can embrace Your power and grace to "pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 2:14). "For this is the will of God, (our) sanctification" (1 Thessalonians 4:3).
 
This New Year, may I be changed into Your image, more and more, morning by morning, moment by moment, "from glory to glory," as I behold You in a deeper intimacy and embrace You in a greater awareness of Your Presence (2 Corinthians 3:18). May I be cleansed from every defilement and every dishonor. "Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and of spirit, making holiness perfect in the fear of God" (2 Corinthians 7:1).
 
By the power of Your grace at work within me, I choose to be Your vessel of honor. I desire to be sanctified and useful to You, my Master, for every good work. Rather than the wood and clay, I choose the silver and gold! Lord, have Your way in me! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be a vessel of honor, like silver and gold formed and shaped in the Master's hands for every good work, secure in your identity to fulfill your destiny in Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you and Happy New Year, my friend! 


Friends, it's good to be back with you on our journey of prayer. I was away over the holidays with family and am looking forward to joining with you in prayer. I'm sensing a deep expectancy and enthusiasm for great transformation and revival in our hearts and lives as the Body and Bride of Christ this year! God bless you and thank you for joining with me in the journey!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!