Friday, January 17, 2020

Morning by Morning, January 17 - "Rest" in order to Cross Over into the Promises of God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm waiting and listening for Your leading, as I offer these first moments of my morning to You as a living sacrifice of prayer and praise -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"When the soles of the feet of the priests who bear the ark of the Lord, the Lord of all the earth, rest in the waters of the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan flowing from above shall be cut off; they shall stand in a single heap" (Joshua 3:13).
 
I've read this passage of Your Scripture many times, but this morning Your Spirit is drawing my attention to the word "rest." It's when the feet of the priests came to "rest" in the waters of the Jordan that the miracle happened, that the flowing flood waters of the Jordan River were cut off to stand in a single heap.  When they stood in "rest," You stood in power and You caused what separated them from the Promised Land You had for them to stand back.
 
You could have said in Your Word this happened as the priests' feet "touched the waters" or "stepped into the waters," but instead, Your Word speaks of "rest." The miracle of Your power as You prepared the way for them to cross over happened when they rested their feet in the waters. What are You speaking to me about "rest," Lord? ...
 
I believe I hear You speaking to my heart:  "My son, you must rest in Me if you are to move forward and cross over into all I have for you. You can't do this in your power, your wisdom, your striving, your trying to make something happen, your trying to hurry up My timing out of hastiness or impatience. You must rest in Me. You must trust in Me. You must believe that I have positioned you where and when I have chosen to place you for My purposes in My time. The Promised Land I have for you is for you, but at the same time, it is for so much more, for so many more. The same is true for each of My children in the places and times I have chosen for them to accomplish My purposes for them and within them, and at the same time, for so much more and for so many more. So rest in Me, trust in Me. As you stand in faith, you will see Me stand in power."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. As I seek to discern what I believe to be Your word, as I test everything to hold fast to what is true, as You've commanded me to do with everything I believe I see and hear from You or from You through another (1 Thessalonians 5:21; 1 Corinthians 14:29), some key Scriptures come to mind:  "Come to Me, all you who are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30). "But with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, if not to those who were disobedient? So we see that they were unable to enter because of unbelief. Therefore, while the promise of entering His rest is still open, let us take care that none of you should seem to have failed to reach it.... For we who believed enter that rest.... So then, a sabbath rest still remains for the people of God; for those who enter God's rest also cease from their labors as God did from His. Let us therefore make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one may fall through such obedience as theirs" (Hebrews 3:17-4:11).
 
Rest. Trust. Faith. Obedience. Coming through the wilderness and crossing over to enter into our Promised Land. Your Word of "rest" is coming alive in my spirit this morning! "Indeed, the word of God is living and active!" -- coming alive in my spirit and activating me to respond in trusting surrender and expectant faith (Hebrews 4:12).
 
Yes, Lord. I choose to "come to (You)" and to "rest" in You. Keep teaching me what this means and empowering me to do it, by the power of Your grace at work within me. I'm coming to know that "rest" is important and profound and significant. I'm coming to know that "rest" is a key part of "the deep things of God" You are teaching me (1 Corinthians 2:10). And I'm coming to know that "rest" is a passage way, even a rite of passage, to enter into the promises of God, the fullness of my inheritance and all You have for me -- for me and for so much more, for so many more. 
 
"For since the beginning of the world men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, who acts for the one who waits (who rests, who trusts, who follows only as You lead) for Him" (Isaiah 64:4 NKJV). As we stand in You, You stand in Your power for us. As we rest in You, You move mightily for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend, may you come to Jesus and rest in Him, only with His burned and His yoke upon you, so can cross over into all the promises of God for you and all He desires to do through you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 

I'm excited to be teaching the Healing Academy at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries again this year, the first week of February -- February 3-7, 2020 in Goodlettsville, TN just north of Nashville. Register today and come join us! Please spread to word to anyone who may be interested in this week-long equipping and experience of healing prayer ministry: 
 
 

I will be teaching based on my book Free to Be Like Jesus-Transforming Power of Inner Healing and Deliverance, which I'm excited by have endorsed by Max Lucado, Randy Clark, and Andy Reese.
   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!