Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Morning by Morning, January 7 - Follow Me
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Have Your way in me this day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"Early in the morning, Joshua rose and set out from Shittim with all the Israelites, and they came to the Jordan. They camped there before crossing over. At the end of three days the officers went through the camp and commanded the people, 'When you see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God being carried by the Levitical priests, then you shall set out from your place. Follow it, so that you may know the way you should go, for you have not passed this way before...." (Joshua 3:1-4).
 
All that happened to Israel in their physical journey out of Egypt, through the wilderness, and into the promise land speaks to us of our spiritual journey out of our Egypts, through our wildernesses, and into our promise lands. "These things happened to them to serve as an example, and they were written down to instruct us, on whom the ends of the ages have come" (1 Corinthians 10:11).
 
You are our Joshua, our Yeshua -- the Salvation Of God. And just as Joshua instructed the people at Your command to follow the ark of the covenant of the Lord, so You call us to follow You. The ark of the covenant of the Lord spoke of God's Presence among His people, and You are our Ark of the Presence of God among us, our Immanuel -- God With Us.
 
As I begin this New Year, You are leading me to places where I "have not passed this way before." But You already see where I'm going and who I'm going with and how I'll get there and all I'll encounter along the way. You the God who sees the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end; and You hold all time and space in Your hands -- Your nail-scarred hands (Isaiah 46:10). "For in (You) all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether throne or dominions or rulers or powers -- all things have been created through (You) and for (You)" (Colossians 1:16).
 
Just as Joshua directed the eyes and hearts of the people to the ark of the covenant and said "Follow it," by Your Holy Spirit abiding in us, You lift our eyes and hearts to You to say, "Follow Me" (Matthew 4:19).
 
I've followed You out of my Egypts and into Your salvation. I've followed You through my wildernesses and times of testing and trial, producing in me endurance and faith, correction and discipline, learning to trust and learning to obey. And I've followed You into my promise land of my inheritance in You and the promises of Your Word for me and all the children of God. And on this side of Heaven, it will be a never-ending journey of faith and prayer, of faithfulness and perseverance, of mistakes and forgiveness, of healing and deliverance, of transformation and sanctification, of growing up into the image of Christ, "to a maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ.... (to) grow up into Him who is the head, into Christ" (Ephesians 4:13-15). As You are, so am I to be in my world (1 John 4:17).
 
But as I journey on, even into places where I've "never passed this way before" on this great adventure of faith and life in You, I'm confident of this -- He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it until the day that Christ returns for His pure and spotless bride, His "glorious church" who has been faithful to come and follow Him (Philippians 1:6; Ephesians 5:27). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays


My friend, may you faithfully follow Jesus everywhere He leads you by His Holy Spirit in you this year, even to the places where you have never passed this way before, as He makes you more like Him each day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you and Happy New Year, my friend! 

 

Friends, it's good to be back with you on our journey of prayer. I was away over the holidays with family and am looking forward to joining with you in prayer. I'm sensing a deep expectancy and enthusiasm for great transformation and revival in our hearts and lives as the Body and Bride of Christ this year! God bless you and thank you for joining with me in the journey!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!