Friday, July 29, 2005

The Calm of the Silence 7-29-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am, Lord -- watching and waiting for the leading of Your Spirit. Help me get quiet, help me listen, help me be still in these first moments of the morning and know that You are God. ... Sometimes Your words and images come with clarity and direction. Sometimes Your Scriptures rise in our hearts and the stories of faith unfold before us. Sometimes we sense the thickness of the glory of Your presence or the swelling of Your love in our hearts. But sometimes there is the quiet calm of silence, as if You are almost whispering, "Shhhh....just be still, just know that I am here, just know that I am God. I have a plan and a purpose. I am redeeming all things in My time and in My way. Just trust Me. Don't get ahead; don't get in a hurry; don't get left behind. Just be still and I will surround you and saturate you with the fullness of My presence. Be at peace and rest in the knowledge that I care for you more than you can imagine. This is the peace I am working into your souls; this is the faith that cannot be shaken; this is the blessing of the children of God. You are My children, and I am your God. Know that in the calm of the silence, I am here." Yes, Lord. Thank You for the truth of Your constant presence. You never leave us and never forsake us. We thank You for the times we experience You in the fullness of all our senses; and we thank You for the times when we rest in the knowledge of the truth that You are always with us, no matter what we sense or feel or hear or don't. "But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul within me is like a weaned child" (Psalm 130.2). A weaned child is a more mature child, who is learning to trust that every need will be satisfied in the constancy of Your presence and the consistency of Your love. There is no need to beg and cry, but only trust in the security and power of Your love and Your plan. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe contact me at Messiah Ministries -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Join us at The Fountain on the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7pm. Our address for ministry and contributions: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!