Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Children of God 7-12-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords. Be King of my heart and Lord of my life. As best as I can, I submit all that I am to You. ... To know You is to know my Father. To receive You is to receive Your Holy Spirit. As You said while You were on earth in the flesh, "I am in the Father and the Father is in Me" (John 14.11). Then You promised to send Your Holy Spirit into our hearts to make us one with You, so that we might be one with our Father, as the Son is one with the Father by the Spirit in the bond of perfect love. You said, "I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. In a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.... Those who love Me will keep My word, and My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them" (John 14.18-24). Father, continually send Your Holy Spirit into our hearts, in the name and nature of Jesus. Father God and Son of God, come make Your home in our hearts by Your Spirit (Romans 5.5). Give us the grace and the desire to keep Your word, as those who love You desire to do. As we grow in maturity and intimacy with You, as we grow in the nature of Christ because the Spirit of Christ is living in our hearts, we grow closer to You, our Father. We are Your children and You are our Father. You love us as a perfect Father loves His children -- You comfort us and correct us out of love; You draw us near and hold us tight out of love; You encourage us to find and follow You purpose and calling for our lives out of love. Thank You for the Spirit of Your Son in our hearts, conforming us to the nature of Your Son in our lives. As we behold Jesus, we behold You. As we receive the Spirit of the Son, we receive the Spirit of the Father. You have not left us orphaned, but embraced us into Your arms as Your very children. May You receive the joy that a father receives when his children embrace him back in return. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!