Monday, July 25, 2005

Heirs of the Promise 7-25-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I choose this day to think of You first, to seek You first, to live for You first. By Your grace, You give me the desire to will it and the power to walk it (Philippians 2.13). You lift me back up when I stumble and forgive me when I fail, as I continue to turn to You as my inspiration and my strength. Apart from You, I can do nothing of any lasting value or eternal significance, but as I abide in You and You in me, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4.13). ... "Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of Your possession? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in showing mercy. He will again have compassion on us; He will tread our iniquities under foot. You will cast all our sins into the depth of the sea. You will show faithfulness to Jacob and unswerving loyalty to Abraham, as You have sworn to our ancestors from the days of old" (Micah 7.18-20). You are faithful when we are not. Yet You use even our times of failure and sin to teach us Your ways and work into us Your will. We inherit the promises of Your covenant through trusting faith and willing obedience, all by the grace of Your love -- Your covenant of unfailing love and unswerving faithfulness, in the mercy of Your grace. You have made covenant with us as Your people -- all people who will call upon Your name in humility and in faith. "For in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith. As many of you as were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3.26-29). Father, through our inheritance in Jesus the Christ, we are Your children and You are our God. By the faith of Abraham, we are the seed of Abraham, the remnant of Your possession, the heirs of Your promise (Galatians 3.6-7). Hold us tight and never let us go. Give us Your grace to grasp the gift of Your life in the blessings of Your promise, and never let go. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe contact me at Messiah Ministries -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Join us at The Fountain on the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7pm. Our address for ministry and contributions: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!