Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"Arise, My daughters, arise!" 10-19-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let the light of Your Word guide my path; let the leading of Your Spirit guide my steps. ... Father, I believe I hear You saying, "Arise, My daughters, arise! Arise, My daughters, arise! Arise, My daughters, arise! My Word reveals My will for you. But look to the whole counsel of My Word to find My will. Seek out My will as you search out My Word. There you will find My calling and My command." Yes, Lord. I pray for Your daughters to arise to walk in the fullness of their calling -- in perfect submission and obedience to Your will as revealed in Your Word and in perfect fulfillment of their glorious destiny in Christ. With the coming of Your Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, the yoke of unjust oppression and the burden of ungodly submission was broken in the power of Your indwelling presence in their hearts. They were set free to be all You created them to be -- to take their rightful place in the body of Christ and in the ministry of the kingdom of God: "But Peter, standing with the eleven, raised his voice and addressed them, 'Men of Judea and all who live in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and listen to what I say. Indeed, these are not drunk, as you suppose, for it is only nine o'clock in the morning. No, this is what was spoken through the prophet Joel: 'In the last days it will be, God declares, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams. Even upon My slaves, both men and women, in those days I will pour out My Spirit; and they shall prophesy. And I will show portents in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and smoky mist. The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon to blood, before the coming of the Lord's great and glorious day. Then everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved' " (Acts 2:14-21). We pray for revival and renewal. We pray for the moving of Your Spirit in power. We pray for the salvation of the souls and the coming of the day of the Lord. Let us also pray to see this first prophecy of Pentecost fulfilled -- that we affirm that Your Spirit has been poured out upon all flesh, that we honor and receive the word of the Lord spoken in authority through both Your sons and Your daughters. I have heard it said that the women of the church have had to rise up in the leadership of worship, prayer, and spiritual gifts to take the place of the men who won't. I believe You are showing us that is not fully true. It is true that men have not risen to fully take their place in these forms of godly leadership in our homes and in Your church. But the women are not rising up to take the place of the men, the women are rising up to take the place of women -- a place of honor and authority in Your kingdom, in accordance with Your will, revealed in Your Word. As this begins to happen in our generation, surely this will be a sign in the heavens above and on the earth below of the coming of the Lord's great and glorious day. "So the Pharisees and the scribes asked Him, 'Why do Your disciples not live according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?' He said to them, 'Isaiah prophesied rightly about you hypocrites, as it is written, 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me; in vain do they worship Me, teaching human precepts as doctrines.' You abandon the commandment of God and hold to human tradition. Then He said to them, 'You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition!' "(Mark 7:5-9). Forgive us where we have sinned through any misunderstanding of Your will and Your Word; and forgive us where we have known very well Your will and Your Word, but have chosen to disobey out of the fear of men and our own pride. Forgive us for rejecting the commandments of God in order to hold on to the traditions of men -- elders or otherwise. May the body of Christ be cleansed of our sin of the oppression of women in the leadership of the church. Who could dare say on that day when we will all give account before You that we didn't think "your daughters shall prophesy" meant spiritual authority in the church. May Your daughters be set free from the yoke of slavery and anointed with the honor Your will and Your Word commands in these long awaited days. Let Your daughters arise, as Your sons lift them up to their place of honor and respect in Your kingdom for Your glory. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com