Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Song of Moses 10-4-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Arise in my heart and arise in my thoughts. Let the glory of Your presence and the peace of Your power fill my life. ... "Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the Lord: 'I will sing to the Lord for He has triumphed gloriously; horse and rider He has thrown into the sea. The Lord is my strength and my might, and He has become my salvation. This is my God and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt Him. The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is His name' "(Exodus 15:1-3). We sing the song of Moses over our enemies of stress and strain, worry and fear, discouragement and depression. We sing the song of Your deliverance over our spiritual adversaries who pursue us to torment us to the death -- death of our vision, our hope, our calling, our lives. But You have triumphed in the victory of Your cross and the glory of Your resurrection. You are our might, our strength, and our salvation. You are a warrior, mighty in battle, casting our enemies into the sea of Your wrath, consuming them in the fire of Your fury. And we sing Your praise even now in the midst of the battle, for the battle in won and the victory assured. "Your hand, O Lord, glorious in power -- your right hand, O Lord, shattered the enemy. In the greatness of Your majesty You overthrew Your adversaries; You sent out Your fury, it consumed them like stubble" (Exodus 15:6-7). Send the fire of Your fury. Send the waters of Your wrath. Shatter the enemy of our souls, the pursuer of Your people. Deliver us into the safety of Your mighty arms as in the days of Moses. There is no safety, no security, apart from Your presence and Your power. So we praise You and thank You for the peace You bring in the knowledge of Your power and the arms of Your presence. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com