Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Battle Line 10-22-05

Morning by Morning, Saturday Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take charge of my heart and soul again today. ... Today we'll travel to Rocky Face, Georgia to preach a series of revival messages at the church that one of my best friends pastors. We'll stay at their home on along the side of the ridge of a mountain that rises up to form the rocky face overlooking the valley below. That area is called Battle Line Road. Over a century ago, the Confederate Army lined up their canons along that ridge to guard the pass below from the Union Army marching to Atlanta in the Civil War. To this day, they still find the remains of war buried in the dirt along this road. There is a battle line road that runs through our soul. It's the place of civil war within each one of us between the spirit and the flesh, between the armies of the Lord and the armies of the world, the flesh, and the devil. It's the place where the lines of battle are drawn and fought every day for the life of our soul -- whether we will walk in victory or defeat in the decision of every moment. "So I find it to be a law that when I want to do what is good, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God in my inmost self, but I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind, making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Romans 7:21-25). If the Apostle Paul could acknowledge this war within his own soul, let us humbly acknowledge the war within ours. As Paul found, let us find that we cannot will this war on our own. And we don't have to. "Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" As we submit and surrender our hearts and souls to You, we are victorious to overcome every battle in the decision of every moment. As we entrust our lives to You afresh each day, the victory is won along every line of battle. And in time, even the remains of the battles will give you glory. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com