Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Well-Worn Path 10-8-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Teach me Your ways, reveal to me Your truth, live Your life through me. ... As I close my physical eyes to wait on You, the eyes of my spirit are opened to see a man walking down a path. It winds through a field and a forest, over a hill and through a dry creek bed. Then it rises up to cross an open plain of green grass before ending at the porch of his home. Then I see the same man going down the same path, but this time it is dark. His pace is a little slower but still steady as he confidently moves along the path to his home. It seems You are saying, "Learn to walk in My paths while it is light. Then you will know how to walk when it is dark. Let your feet learn to follow the well-worn paths of righteousness in the light of the day, then they will not fail you during the darkness of the night. As surely as there is day, there is night. Yet my path remains the same through both the darkness of night and the light of day." Yes, Lord. "Make me to know Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth, and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all day long" (Psalm 25:4-5). Lead us in the paths of righteousness until they become well-worn and familiar beneath our feet. We don't have to travel this journey alone. You are with us and You are within in -- our Way, our Truth, and our Life. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com