Friday, July 11, 2008

Anointed in Truth 7-11-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Steady my thoughts and strengthen my spirit as You anoint me with the power of Your presence in me. ... "But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and all of you have knowledge. I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and you know that no lie comes from the truth" (1 John 2:20-21). When I first put my hope and trust in You alone as Savior of my life, You came into my heart and anointed me with Your Spirit. Your anointing is Your presence in my life. You are "the way, and the truth, and the life" (John 14:6). And as I acknowledge and embrace the anointing of Your presence abiding in me, You lead me in Your way, reveal to me Your truth, and impart to me Your life. "As for you, the anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and so you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, abide in Him" (1 John 2:27). Your presence assures me of Your protection, Your provision, and Your power. Your anointing abiding in me changes me into Your image and conforms me to Your nature as I grow in Your grace. And You anointing also reveals how far I have to go and how much of me is not yet like You. But event that is Your love for me and Your grace for me to become more like You each day as I look to You and embrace the anointing of Your presence (2 Corinthians 3:18). Your truth about who You are in me and who I am in You exposes and expels every lie to the contrary, as You strengthen me and establish me in Your truth and by Your presence. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please come join Laura Beach and me if you can for the overnight spiritual retreat we are leading August 2-3, 2008 near Lancaster, Kentucky, in the country just south of Lexington -- "The Shepherd's Pen" -- Come away with the Good Shepherd to learn to hear His voice and be comforted in His embrace. Please contact Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries, for more details and registration (859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com). Join us for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry led by Tommy HaysJuly 24-26, 2008 (Equipping and Empowering Spiritual Leaders in Prayer Ministry to bind up the brokenhearted and set the captives free in the name of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit to the glory of our Father). No fee, but suggested donation of $75.00.CHILD CARE AVAILABLE - Please contact Marilyn Walker for more information (859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com) Note from Bob & Doris McCray of our ministry about prayer for Israel: Ezra International is coming to Lexington August 6-10 and will be available to pastors and churches for evening and Sunday services. Ezra's ministry is to help fulfill Bible prophecy in helping rescue and return oppressed Jewish people from the former Soviet Union to their promised land of Israel. This Saturday, July 12th, we will meet at 10 a.m. at the Baptist Church at Andover 3330 Todds Road to plan/pray for Ezra's weekend in Lexington. All are welcome. Info and video at: www. ezrausa.org or Bob and Doris McCray at bndmccray@windstream.net or 859 273-0137 Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com